Sphere Today, Gone Tomorrow was the third episode of Season 1 of Numberjacks. It introduced the character of the Shape Japer and also included the first instance of a Numberjack changing biologically; in this case Six shrank.
There is a problem: marbles on a marble run have turned into cubes. This could turn into a big problem so Six goes out to investigate. He finds more problems in the cafe: an orange and peas have also turned to cubes! Three sends Six brain gain to convert the cubes to spheres. He fixes the orange and the peas but there are reports of more problems either in the pet shop or the sports hall. On Agent 70's advice, Six travels to the sports hall.
With signals coming from the table tennis Six deduces the problem to be the Shape Japer! She turns all the cubes into spheres so Three sends more brain gain to revert it. With the marble run still left to sort out Six defeats the Shape Japer with brain gain for cube into sphere into nothing. Escaping the marbles with the help of the girl Six returns to the sofa.
Back in the Cosy Room, the Boing Ball is put safely away inside a cube-shaped storage container.
- Writer - Chris Ellis
- Voices - Alice Baker, Jonathan Beech, Laura Maasland, Oliver Keogh, Rachel Preece
- Performers - Mark Jefferis, Zahra Browne
- Consultants - Pete Crawford, Pam Land, Marjorie Gorman
- Head of Animation - David Raitt
- Animation - Duncan Raitt, Jon Marsh, Rik Goddard, Dan Cox
- Production Designer - Marsha Roddy
- Props Manager - Sadie Mallet
- 2D Animation - Sweetworld tv
- Camera - Jeremy Read, Simon Sylvester, Leo Holba
- Sound - Ray Lyttleton
- Editor - Chris Bezant
- Music - Justin Nicholls
- Sound Post Production - PK Studios
- Location Manager - Liz Summers
- Runner - Eleanor Sheppard
- Production Assistant - Helen Stephens
- Production Manager - Clare Hepper
- Executive Producer for CBeebies - Kay Benbow
- Producer - Ronald Tongue
- Director - Helen Sheppard
With thanks to all our contributiors and locations
- Three plays Keepie Uppie.
- Six hides behind a menu.
- There is a goldfish in the pet shop.
- There are more balls in the sports hall than in the pet shop.
- A basketball, peas, marbles, a snooker ball and an orange are all converted into cubes.
- Three expresses her interest for leaving the sofa and going on a mission.
- The Iffy logo is visible when Six enters the cafe.
- This episode features the first appearance of the Shape Japer.
- Six shrinks in this episode. Unlike future episodes this change is not brought through the use of brain gain or the actions of a meanie.
- On YouTube "Tomorrow" is misspelled "Tommorrow" in the title.